What is Campus Ventures?
Campus Ventures is devoted to reaching college students for Christ in Wyoming, South Dakota and Nebraska in an effort to equip them with Godly character, ministry skills and vision to prepare them for works of service in the body of Christ.
The Foundation for Christian Discipleship (FCD) was formed in 1988 as an asset to our graduates by providing them with discipleship training seminars and resources. From its inception, the board also assumed the task of distributing contributions to those approved to be supported in their missionary or seminary endeavors. In the spring of 1991 the governing board of FCD developed the collegiate ministry of Campus Ventures with the continued focus of discipleship and disciple-making. The New Testament provides an example of mentoring and discipleship. This method of spiritual development was, and is, what makes Campus Ventures unique. Since the organization’s inception it was directed by Dave Medders until his retirement in May 2006. Campus Ventures has grown to expand throughout the region. Colleges with Campus Ventures include the University of Wyoming, Casper College, Northwest College, Black Hills State University, South Dakota Mines and Chadron State.
Beginning in 2013, the Foundation also adopted the mission of assisting college graduates in their post-collegiate spiritual growth and ministry as they disciple others through CVNext, led by Dave Hughes.
Our mission is to help college students glorify God through knowing and loving Him, and equipping them to be life-long disciple-makers of Jesus Christ! (Matt. 22:37-40, 28:18-20; Isa. 26:8; 2 Tim. 2:2; Acts 1:8)
The Great Commission is our call to reach this generation with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We want to influence people in such a way that they will quickly help fulfill the Great Commission. Therefore, students are trained to disciple others by those who received discipling themselves. Being a discipler and leader thus requires Godly character, knowledge, ministry skills, vision, wisdom and relational fluency. The Foundation is committed to equipping graduates, laymen and those interested in seminary and missions with the characteristics of a disciple and disciple maker.
WE ACCOMPLISH THIS BY PROVIDING:
- Leaders who set the pace in living as devoted disciples of Jesus Christ;
- A form of ministry that is culturally relevant and Biblically driven;
- Worship that expresses our love to God and provides an environment for both believers and seekers to learn about God;
- A place for students to love, encourage, support and help one another to become fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ;
- Training opportunities which help students develop as fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ;
- Leaders for the creation of new student ministries that will develop fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ;
- An atmosphere of freedom that encourages students to penetrate their culture with truth.
7 Heart Attitudes
- Put the goals and interests of others above my own. [Phil. 2:4]
- Live an honest, open life before others. [Eph. 4:25]
- Give and receive Scriptural correction. [Heb. 3:13]
- Clear up relationships. [Matt. 5:23, 24]
- Participate in the ministry of CV and of my church. [1 Peter 4:10]
- Support the work financially. [2 Cor. 9:7]
- Follow spiritual leadership within Scriptural limits and make it a joy for them. [Heb. 13:17]
The 7 Heart Attitudes of CV developed by Harold Bullock, Senior Pastor of Hope Church, Fort Worth, TX.
- Experiential walk with Jesus (the Word & Prayer by Faith, walking in step with the Spirit, etc.) [Gal. 5:25; John 15:5]
- Thriving in Community [1 John 1:3; Eph. 4:13-16]
- Spiritually Reproduce [Mt. 28:19; 2 Tim. 2:2]
- Evangelize peers [Acts 1:8; Col. 1:28-29 JBP]
- Worship (giving, serving, life, song, etc.) [Rom. 12:1; 1 Cor. 10:31]
- Commitment (faithfulness in following through) [Luke 16:10]
- Loving the LORD with all your Mind (as one thinks critically and grows more Biblical in their worldview) [Mt. 22:37-40; Pr. 3:5-6; 1 Chron. 12:32]
- Knowing God
- Making Jesus Known to Others
- Development of Godly Character
- Raising Up Disciples & Disciple-makers
- God’s Word as our Authority
- Spiritual Disciplines